2. Fold the paper in half horizontally, then unfold.
3. Fold the paper in half vertically, then unfold.
4. Turn your paper over so the colored side is facing upward.
5. Fold the paper in half diagonally. It doesn’t matter which diagonal line you fold it on. After you’ve made a crease, unfold.
6. Fold diagonally in the opposite direction of the diagonal crease you just made. Then unfold so the colored side of the paper is facing upward.
7. When the paper is facing upward, you should be able to see that the paper doesn’t lay flat on the table because of the diagonal creases you just made. This is good. Gently press two sunken crease opposite of each other in towards the middle of the paper. The result is that the paper will take the shape shown above.
8. Push down on the edges and middle of the paper to make creases. This will make the base stronger and, generally, easier to use. Then you’re done! You’ve made a square base!